Blog Archive

Friday, January 5, 2007

Battery cables are a pain to replace.

But having a battery it turns out was about 6 months past it's "lifetime" caused massive corrosion and deterioration of the battery cables near the terminals. Unfortunately, this means I had to replace the cables as well. But I over-estimated the length needed.

Not that big a deal, just had to make a coil of the leftover length on top of the new CostCo battery, tucked under the carry-handle on same for now until I can get replacement ends, take the cables off, chop em' to length and put new ends on. The Jeep does run smoother now though, and the radio doesn't "skip" anymore. I think I was suffering various minor quibbles because of power flucuations caused by the corroded/exposed battery cables.

And I can also say this is officially the first and only time I've seen a vehicle with the negative terminal NOT grounded to the chassis anywhere that I can locate. That... was surprising.

No comments: